Kansas Electric Cooperatives have decided to alter plans in 2022 and move forward with an in-person leadership conference specific to Kansas youth. This will be in lieu of returning to D.C. amid concerns of public health. The conference will be held in Topeka and will provide youth with the opportunity to future possibilities in leadership roles while building lifelong friendships.
The KEY Leadership Conference is scheduled for June 5-10, 2022. Sumner-Cowley Electric Cooperative will sponsor TWO area students for this life changing experience!
The TWO winning students will also experience Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp, a weeklong event in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. This camp engages participants in leadership activities with 100 other attendees from high schools in Colorado, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas and Wyoming. The Leadership Camp is scheduled for July 15 - July 21, 2022.
New Health and Safety Protocols
- For both in-person programs, students and chaperones must show a vaccination card OR a negative Covid Test within 72 hours of checking in.
- Vaccinations are strongly encouraged for students and chaperones, but not required.
- KEC will supply PPE for all students and chaperones, will conduct daily temperature checks, and will secure COVID rapid test kits to test anyone showing symptoms during the program.
- If a student shows symptoms and/or tests positive, they will be quarantined. It will be the responsibility of the parents to retrieve the student immediately.
- Students are required to wear masks while indoors and within six feet of another student.
To apply for the 2022 Youth Tour experiences click "apply now" link and complete the application online. For any other questions regarding the application process or the trips themselves, please contact email@example.com.