Water Heater & Heat Pump Rebate
The new efficiency requirements and rebate amounts are as follows:
- Must be a minimum of 40 gallons
- Less than 60 gallons must have a minimum Energy Factor (EF) of 0.93.
- 60 gallons or greater must have a minimum EF of 0.91.
- The rebate, no matter if it is new construction, gas-to-electric, or electric-to-electric, is $100 for a non-lifetime water heater and $150 for a lifetime water heater.
Air Source Heat Pump
- Minimum unit size of 2 tons.
- Must have a minimum Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of 14.5
- Must have a minimum Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) of 8.2.
- Rebate amounts are $100 per ton of a 14.5 SEER, $150 per ton for a 15.5 SEER, and $200 per ton for 16.5 SEER and above.
Ground Source Heat Pump
- Minimum unit size is 2 tons.
- Open loop – Must have a minimum Coefficient of Performance (COP) of 3.6 and a minimum Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of 16.2.
- Closed loop – Must have a minimum COP of 3.3 and a minimum EER of 14.1.
- Rebate amount is $125 per half – ton
- Electric resistance heat will no longer qualify for a rebate.